On a roll with Pi projects, my old Raspberry Pi bitcoin mining rig finally kicked the bucket. Cause of death: cooling fan failure, and according to my mining pool’s site, the last check in was over a month ago. It was one of my first Raspberry Pi projects I really worked on, down to modifying the original source material to work with a different screen, becoming my initial dive into Python (I’ll stick to C++, thank you very much). She’s been running for 2 years of operation managing a few Antminers and Eruptor miners, back before the initial Bitcoin boom. I don’t think the Raspbery Pi Foundation intended for a Pi to be powered continuously for so long, but even with all these issues, I removed the Pi from its custom enclosure, powered it on, and saw a glimmer of hope.
It’s time to rebuild the PiMiner.Continue reading
Compiling High Fidelity on the Raspberry Pi Model B v2 is surprisingly not too difficult. The biggest thing that will take up your time is compiling QT5 (5.3.2 specifically, since as of writing, this is the minimal version you need). Compiling 5.4.1 gets ‘close’ to working but doesn’t compile QtWebkit properly, which is required for building High Fidelity in the first place! After some tinkering around in my free time, I finally was able to get a build working, but only after experimenting with what did work and did not. Let my mistakes be your knowledge.
Day 06 – A New Pi-ginning
Please note this tutorial is a deviation from the original journal system and is more of a rough idea on what steps I am now doing to get High Fidelity to run on the Pi. Just wanted to give a heads up about that.
Day 05 – Ugh…
So I let the Pi do its business compiling until I goofed up and forgot to run screen first. A “tee-hee” disconnect moment later, and things started to get out of hand. At this point, I figured I would have to clean the build and start all over again. Well, needless to say, more errors just kept popping up after a clean and I’m convinced that I am missing something…