Day 05 – Ugh…

So I let the Pi do its business compiling until I goofed up and forgot to run screen first. A “tee-hee” disconnect moment later, and things started to get out of hand. At this point, I figured I would have to clean the build and start all over again. Well, needless to say, more errors just kept popping up after a clean and I’m convinced that I am missing something…

Continue reading

Day 03 – Web Hosts, Webkit, and SQlite3, ODROID!

Today resulted in nothing special. My web host decided to ignore my ticket statements and disabled some important scripts on my site, like I told them to not do despite every bit of reasoning I gave them to NOT do so. A phone-call later with an actual person to explain everything proved pretty much everything I was saying. Shocker! This, along with other things, makes me question if my Associates in Computer Science was worth getting in the first place.

So I went ahead and live updated the image with the remaining QT Modules, which all worked except the elephant in the room, QTWebkit. The problem with this one is that the current tutorial on cross compiling doesn’t cover every module, which has resulted in me having to do more exploring around in how to get things working. One thing that became apparent was that because the Raspbian image I was using did NOT have SQLite3-dev, I couldn’t compile QTWebkit! All this work only to be faced with another brick wall… great.Continue reading