Day 03 – Web Hosts, Webkit, and SQlite3, ODROID!
Today resulted in nothing special. My web host decided to ignore my ticket statements and disabled some important scripts on my site, like I told them to not do despite every bit of reasoning I gave them to NOT do so. A phone-call later with an actual person to explain everything proved pretty much everything I was saying. Shocker! This, along with other things, makes me question if my Associates in Computer Science was worth getting in the first place.
So I went ahead and live updated the image with the remaining QT Modules, which all worked except the elephant in the room, QTWebkit. The problem with this one is that the current tutorial on cross compiling doesn’t cover every module, which has resulted in me having to do more exploring around in how to get things working. One thing that became apparent was that because the Raspbian image I was using did NOT have SQLite3-dev, I couldn’t compile QTWebkit! All this work only to be faced with another brick wall… great.Continue reading
This post will be the start of a series of journal posts regarding the entire process of compiling the domain server and assignment client for High Fidelity on a Raspberry Pi, Model B. I figure this will be useful down the road and will be worth the articles.
Day 01 – QT5 in a Pi-shell
So, I finally have the domain server and assignment client running on Linux. Believe me, seeing this makes me happier than hell. I seriously have to give credit to Coal for the CentOS Setup script, which is making the process far easier. After reading it a few times, it is helping me understand the real libraries I need to run the domain server and assignment client, which the other tutorials follow how to compile the interface, which isn’t in my interest range for now.
My intended goal is to have a single domain server instance on one Pi, and have a sub network of Pis all running an assignment client for the main Pi, making a smooth pseudo-cluster network. After reviewing the requirements, this can’t be too hard to work out, but then again, this is also one of the first times I will have to cross compile something for another platform. The more you know, they say…